Children’s Book Week is the annual celebration of books that runs May 4th through 10th!
This annual celebration was established in 1919, Children’s Book Week is the longest-running national literacy event in the country. Every year, celebratory events are held nationwide in homes, libraries, bookstores and even parks — wherever young reader and books can connect!
Here are a few fun ideas how you can celebrate Children’s Book Week!
1. Go to your local library and check some of your favorites.
2. Call your local bookstores and checkout if their are holding events
3. Invite friends over for tea and read Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Bantam Classics)
4. Take a hike then lay down a blank and read My Side of the Mountain Trilogy (My Side of the Mountain / On the Far Side of the Mountain / Frightful’s Mountain)
5. Get under the covers with your flashlight and read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
This week is wonderful time to find some new favorites too. Recently, Tali Carmi asked me to review her latest children’s book : Children Books:Terry Treetop and the Little Bear: (Animal habitats) Early Learning (Values book) social skills for kids (Adventure & Education) (Bedtime … Books for Early & Beginner Readers Book 9)the fifth installment in her Adventures Education Series.
Let me start off by saying my daughter Sophia loved it! Terry’s excitement about the first day of Spring is infectious and you find yourself smiling as you turn each beautifully illustrated page. Terry meets a whole host wonderful new friends during his journey through the woods. Terry’s friend Barry the Bear shows us that being a friend my require some hard work but in the end the reward of friendship is so worth it .
Please share some of your favorite children's books below; we would love to see what your favorites are!