Tuesday was our first day of school; I was so glad to have the school year start.(the kids were too) I decided to begin the year on a lighter note; somewhat like I did last year with a three week mini- block we could all participate in. Both of our children love music, singing it, playing instruments and even writing it; so the obvious choice was something centered around music. I immediately thought of studying the great composers. OK, the seed was planted now what?
I recently purchased Build Your Own Homeschool Bundle the Charlotte Mason version; one of the downloads used Notebooking pages. I heard about Notebooking but did not have a real understanding of what it really meant. So, I did a little investigating; you can read more about Notebooking here. While I clicked through I found Notebooking pages for Great Composers; I was done so I thought! Notebooking pages are a wonderful template but the assignment for you is to provide the resources to fill the pages; so off I went to find resources to fill those pages!
Here’s Our Mini-Block on Great Composers
1. Each one of us chose a composer. Sophia(Mozart), Logan(Beethoven) & Andrea(Vivaldi)
2. Our next selection was a spine for research.
3. Then it was time to decide upon two pieces of music from our composers. (you may choose as many as like)
- Mozart(Requiem Mass in D Minor & Violin Concerto No. 6)
- Beethoven( Symphony No. 9 in D minor & Piano Sonata No. 17 )
- Vivaldi(Four Seasons & Sonata No. 2 in E minor)
4. Now, it is time to fill our Notebooking Pages!
We plan to share our pages with you once they are filled♥
I find starting the school year with this gentle approach makes the transition into academics so much easier!
You read about last years block here
JOIN NOW! The Women’s #GlutenFree Health Summit is coming with experts –> @kellybroganmd @drkellyann @be_healthful @thepaleomom http://www.mcssl.com/app/?Clk=5320188