This decision was not made without countless discussions and debate on whether it was the right choice for our children and our family. As parents we concluded that year-long homeschooling could bring an entirely different dimension to our children’s education and it would enhance their love of learning.
Here are our 10 leading reasons:
1. First half the new school year is not having to be spent reviewing key concepts from the previous year.
2. Lessens burnout for both children & parent.
3. Allows for multiply breaks throughout the year; permitting for several deep breaths out.
4. Grants children the time they may want to go deeper in a particular area of study.
5. Allocates time to a subject where they may need a little more instruction.
6. Year long consistency helps keep our homeschool cadence.
7. Vacation and educational trips are taken during inexpensive non-peak times.
8. As parents we love it! This gives all of us the satisfaction of knowing we are taking every step possible to support our children’s academic
9. Our kids enjoy it! Really 🙂
10. Gives us more free time so our children to explore outside interests and extracurricular activities.
Alright, we may have run out of steam a little with 9 & 10 but the fact remains that there are many more reasons to homeschool year-round that we have yet to uncover. ♥ We look forward to hearing your success stories with year-round homeschooling too.