Today is my 44th birthday; I would like to ask my family and friends to help me accomplish my one birthday wish. I found this link a few weeks ago; it’s the perfect gift for someone who has everything. This post reminded me of a time a few years ago when someone anonymously paid for our families dinner; this encouraged us to recuperate to another family a few months later. The experience has also influenced our children to find ways that they can pay it forward too. For instance, holding the door for several people entering the local CVS, helping to put someone’s groceries in their car or even using their money paying for the person behind us at the Dollar General. We hope that these acts of kindness will inspire others to continue to pay it forward too!
How will you respond? What are some simple acts of kindness you & your family perform?
Here are a few suggestion that won’t cost you a dime:
1. Mow your neighbor’s lawn.
2. Hold the door for someone.
3. Smile and comment on how nice someone looks:)
4. Offer to help someone load their groceries.
5. Babysit for a friend.
6. Return shopping carts to store.
7. Wash your neighbors pollen covered car.
8. Volunteer your time i.e.(soup kitchen, library, Salvation Army & animal shelter).
9. Walk through your neighborhood picking up trash & debris.
10. Call family & friends to let them know what you appreciate about them.
I hope you decide to continue to pay it forward. Good Luck !!