We need to fill our well before we can fill other’s
I originally posted this list about six months ago, but it doesn’t hurt to get a reminder.
When we start to work on our rhythm a key component I found that we often forget to include is Self Care. Self Care is my biggest struggle and a place where I need to focus most of my energy. I realize when I am not caring for myself, I cannot care for anyone else properly.
A friend shared these 12 Steps to Self Care with me. Even six months later I have a lot of work to do in this area.
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it
2. Say “exactly” what you mean
3. Don’t be a people pleaser
4. Trust your instincts
5. Never speak bad about yourself
6. Never give up on your dreams
7. Don’t be afraid to say “No”
8. Don’t be afraid to say “Yes”
9. Be kind to yourself (why is this so hard for many of us?)
10. Let go of what you can’t control (making real strides with this one)
11. Stay away from drama & negativity(This has been a tough one lately)
12. LOVE A LOT
How would you rate how you practice Self Care? Share some Self Care steps you feel are important!