My friend Lisa shared Mila with my family a few years ago and it has been a wonderful addition to our daily diet. Mila, has been a game changer in the health of our entire family. Below, you will find some basic information as well as some scrumptious recipes. Enjoy!
Mother Nature’s Healthiest Whole Food!
Mila® is a proprietary blend of Salvia hispanica L., more commonly known as chia seed. A long-time staple of the Incan, Mayan, Aztec and Native American cultures, chia seeds are nature’s perfect super-food! (Chia is actually the Mayan word for strength.)
For Mila, specific strains of seeds are grown to our exact specifications and then carefully blended to produce maximized nutritional value. This mixture is then processed with Lifemax’s exclusive system to optimize bioavailability.
Mila is a whole, raw food, a natural source of Omega-3s, antioxidants and phytonutrients and is a superior plant-based source of protein and fiber. As an added benefit, Mila is non-GMO, gluten-free, trans-fat free and sugar free. Mila can be deliciously combined with many foods like oatmeal, yogurt and cereals. Mila is consumed throughout the world for its heart, bone, prostate and gastrointestinal support. With its supreme biological properties, Mila is an unparalleled food for weight management, but it is also widely consumed for anti-aging, prenatal care and mental health.
Here are some easy recipes to incorporate Mila into your daily diet:
No Bake Energy Bars
1 cup raw oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup MILA
1/4 chocolate chips (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, refrigerate for 30 minutes, roll into bite-sized balls. Makes about 20 1-inch balls that can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week. Easy and delicious!
- ½ Cup Sugar ( or Sugar Substitute equivalent)
- 5 Tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 2 Large eggs (or Egg Substitute equivalent)
- 1 ½ Cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 scoop (2 tbs) of Mila®
- 1 (6 ounce) carton Vanilla Lo-fat Yogurt
- ¾ Cup Mashed Ripe Banana (approx. 1-1/2 bananas)
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8”x 4” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place sugar and softened butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. Stir Mila® into flour mixture.
- Add flour mixture and yogurt (alternately) to sugar mixture, beating well. It is best to begin and end with the flour mixture).
- Fold in bananas and vanilla (and nuts if desired).
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven (middle rack) for one (1) hour or until a wooden pick, inserted into center, comes out clean. COOL 10 MINUTES, in the pan on a wire rack; remove from pan, slice, and serve.
If you are interested in learning about how Mila can benefit your entire family, visit www.lisaj.fueledbymila.net.