We need to fill our well before we can fill other’s
I originally posted this list about six months ago, but it doesn’t hurt to get a reminder.
When we start to work on our rhythm a key component I found that we often forget to include is Self Care. Self Care is my biggest struggle and a place where I need to focus most of my energy. I realize when I am not caring for myself, I cannot care for anyone else properly.
A friend shared these 12 Steps to Self Care with me. Even six months later I have a lot of work to do in this area.
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it
2. Say “exactly” what you mean
3. Don’t be a people pleaser
4. Trust your instincts
5. Never speak bad about yourself
6. Never give up on your dreams
7. Don’t be afraid to say “No”
8. Don’t be afraid to say “Yes”
9. Be kind to yourself (why is this so hard for many of us?)
10. Let go of what you can’t control (making real strides with this one)
11. Stay away from drama & negativity(This has been a tough one lately)
12. LOVE A LOT
How would you rate how you practice Self Care? Share some Self Care steps you feel are important!
Happy Spring to You ALL! This winter has been a doozy and I could not be more excited for the weather change. I am ready to get my hands in the dirt, prep the garden and even do some spring cleaning.(OK a lot of Spring organizing since we just moved) This is when I set my yearly intention; I know most of you choose the New Year, but for me Spring is a time for renewal. I have to admit with all the moving and adjusting I haven’t given my intention much thought; what I have done is given myself one word “Consistency.”
steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.
agreement, harmony, or compatibility, especially correspondence or uniformity among the parts of a complex thing
the condition of cohering or holding together and retaining form
I clearly new the definition of consistency, but when I looked it up for fun I was certain this was where my “Spring Intention” needed to start. As the next few weeks unfold this will be the time that I reach deep inside my heart and listen carefully to what it is asking for. I am so looking forward to what this time of contemplation may reveal.
Enjoy this 1st day of Spring!!
The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring. ~Bern Williams
Dark fear invades my body.
Wild doubt fills my mind.
Feeble insecurity empties my heart.
Eyeless uncertainty veils my soul.
Yet my life-river cheerfully.
Wants to flow.
Into the stream of the Will-Supreme.
Be your biggest fan, love yourself and give yourself the credit you deserve…
Wishing everyone a fun filled week!
Make sure to celebrate with your daughter this week; I have listed a few suggestions on ways to celebrate below. Our daughter Sophia, is amazing: her wisdom is far beyond her years, her compassion and deep understanding of others helps to make our family better each day. We love u much Sophia; did we mention she’s turning 10 this week?
1. Write her a letter sharing how you feel about her.
2. Go to the park and just walk together; allow her to direct the conversation
3. Get a mani/pedi: even my tomboy loves her feet pampered.
4. Hit her favorite lunch or dinner spot.
5. Watch her favorite movie together.
6. Have her Dad take out for a special date.
7. Cook her favorite meal together.
8. Read her favorite stories.
9. Look through old photos of her together and talk about each one.
10. Be in the moment with her.